The Invermere Public Library provides services to residents and property owners throughout the Columbia Valley, from Spillimacheen to Canal Flats. The library serves a population base of approximately 9,000 people with a seasonal population that swells past 20,000 in the busy summer months. Employees at the Invermere Public Library embrace the opportunity to provide our patrons with a wide range of services. From circulation desk assistance to reference inquiries to developing community programs, and more, employees gain skills in a variety of service areas. As staff members, we interact as a team and make the best use of each other’s skills, enthusiasm, and ingenuity.
If you are up for the challenge of working in a small-town library and meet the criteria listed in the postings below, we would love to hear from you! We are currently accepting applications for the following position:
Community Program Coordinator, Full-time, Permanent (35 hours/week)
The Invermere Public Library is seeking a full time Community Program Coordinator. This is a dynamic position that uses program planning, promotion, and outreach activities to connect with our patrons, both inside and outside of the library’s walls. It is a perfect fit for someone who has experience developing community programs for a wide variety of ages and who views themselves as creative, adaptable, and a true go-getter. If the thought of being a part of a fast-paced and changing work environment on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis excites you, then we want to learn more about you and your qualifications for this position.
The Community Program Coordinator will be responsible for patron experience here at the Invermere Public Library and throughout the Columbia Valley. The successful candidate will be working with patrons of all ages, from infants to seniors. There will be some independent work as well as team collaboration. The successful candidate will achieve their work goals through the development and delivery of community programming, through promotion of the library using a variety of methods including print and social media, and by connecting with our patrons and community partners to ensure our services are meeting their needs.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
- A post-secondary education in a social science, communications, education or other related fields.
- A combination of post-secondary training and employment experience related to the development and implementation of community programming. This includes the ability to develop, implement, and promote community programming for a wide variety of age groups and topics that meet the needs of the community while also achieving the goals of the library and its funders
- The ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with library staff, the public, community partners, and external service providers in the provision of quality library programs and services.
- The ability to work independently with a high level of self-motivation and resourcefulness.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- The ability and willingness to work outside of traditional library hours. This position will include a weekly evening shift and a weekly shift on Saturdays.
- The ability to promote library programs and services using a variety of media including print, digital, and social media. Previous marketing and/or promotion experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written forms.
- The ability to work with accuracy and efficiency in a computerized environment.
- The ability to efficiently use and troubleshoot Microsoft programs including: Word, Outlook, Publisher, Internet Explorer, and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license (minimum level “N”) with access to a reliable vehicle.
- A Criminal Record Check and vulnerable sector search deemed satisfactory by the RCMP (to be conducted prior to the start date of employment).
Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications for this position to Nicole Pawlak, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until Friday, August 11th, 2017 at 5:00 PM. For a detailed job description of this position, please click here.